free forum

Share | 

Epping Forest, London

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
LouisSabre

PostSubject: Rook   Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:09 pm

"Defend the auror." he whispered again, green eyes focused on Bryn again. He wondered if the boy would co-operate now he was offering a wise decision, one that Bryn would take without his input. He could make Bryn trust his commands, and even resisting them now would put him in great peril. 

Toying with him would be fun.

His eyes glanced over to the crucio taking place, watching as the girl did not seem to be as lost in the curse as she should. She was a strong one, and mused about how this will backfire on the man. He could imagine it ending very bloodily, and he relished in that thought.

"Cayden must be protected at all costs." Assertion slipped into his tone, prodding at the boy's mental barriers once more. He'd deal with his impending encounter with Crouch and Raven later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:07 pm

The words seeped back into his mind, a soothing lullaby to sway him into following their command. If he didn't know any better, he'd call himself a schizophrenic. Maybe he was...

don't be ridiculous.

But the voice was.. correct, for once. He noticed just how his awareness had slipped, and the legillimens curse now had its hold on Cayden. He cast a spell on her, trying to interrupt the connection of the minds. After all, something seemed to be invading his own. He could not fathom whom - or what - was messing with him now. Maybe it was his inner voice. Sweat broke from his forehead, but he largely ignored it for now. He had to protect Cayden, he had to protect her right now.

"Reducto!" He shot at Crouch, his attempts at severing the link never faltering. 
--
Cayden winced, her mental barriers astute and distant, like the woman herself. Her mind was a fortress, only penetrable to the most experience of legillimens. In all truth, Cayden had not had a shocking past, a private woman who had always followed the rules and kept her head bowed in respect. Whatever Crouch was looking for, he wouldn't find it; she wouldn't let him. After all, she held far too many secrets to surrender them easily to in her eyes, a feckless boy.

Of course, she would not yield to him. She remained perfectly still, asserted even, as she grounded herself and remained on guard. She almost challenged him to push harder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5135319/
RavenHaven

PostSubject: Raven   Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:17 pm

She can feel the pain from the crucio increasing, the pure hatred that Crest has for her.  It actually makes her grunt in pain, but the thought of how far Crest is going has her too excited now.  This is a crucio she hasn't felt ever before... But it only confirms that Crest CAN be pushed over his limits and get a taste of the darkness he has been too scared to tread on.  

Raven, even if not purposely yet, has corrupted Crest to his core.  If he hadn't been increasing her pain, she'd be laughing right now.

For now she waits for him to either try another spell or get closer.  Then she'll act.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:12 am

Crest stepped toward her, ready to at least stun her and end this destructive, futile conflict for good. "Know I didn't enjoy that." A partial truth at best. After all she had done, she deserved far worse than what he had delivered. But he couldn't pass sentence. That was what the courts were for.

He pushed down whatever demon was rising in him with his willpower, remember that although he went outside the bounds of a normal auror, he was still an agent of the law.

he placed his wand at her head, "Stupe-"

---

Crouch only laughed at her challenge. "You wish me to go deeper? As you wish..." He first levitated her off the ground into the path of Bryn's spell, and then...

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" the spell shot out of Crouch's wand, hitting Bryn square in the chest. A brief gasp of panic escaped his throat before he could never make noise again. He remained standing, but it was clear life had left him. Then as though he were a strand of hay blowing in a mild breeze, he fell backwards and landed with a thud on the cold hard ground. 

"Hahahahahahah! One down..." Crouch told her sinisterly, as his eyes darted to the next victim...

And his eyes fell upon Topher...

OOC No one panic, not godmodding! Scouts honor! :3

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:47 pm

ooc o.0

ic His eyes lit in amusement, watching the scene unfold and decided his intervention would no longer be necessary. Well, at least he could play with Bryn a little more. The boy had been surprisingly pliant with his demands, instigating an insatiable curiousity which gnawed at the pit of Rook's stomach. He had to know how far he could push the man, especially since mental manipulation had held little effect so far.

Stop fighting, stop the fighting. 

He put more pressure on that he had before, instead of a gentle prod at Bryn's mental walls he was now planning to bulldoze them with his own mental prowess. He needed to alleviate his boredom.

Stop them now, let them leave. You need to stop the fighting, listen to me.

His whispers became more urgent and imperative in their nature, hoping to sweep Bryn away in the confusion and panic. After this, he would approach the two Death Eaters another day, wanting to create his own terms for a meeting. Anonymity would be his friend, for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meredia

PostSubject: All   Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:05 pm

"Get out of my head!" Bryn seemed to be shouting at nothing as he fell to his knees, fingers clutching at his temples as pain exploded in his mind. The words had started so soft, so harmless that his mind hadnt triggered their barriers when they ripped into his consciousness. He felt abused, trying to shove the nagging force out. His legs begged to move, to somehow stop all the fighting happening, but he knew it would be suicide mission.

Who was this person? what was this pressure gripping his mind? He tried not to cry in his anguish, but Cayden's yelling was only making it worse.

--
Her whole body stiffened, rippling with shock at the scene before her. Bryn was... dead? Her body rattled with agony, mouth forming a loose 'o' as the devastation began. 
"No! I will not let you take another life! Crucio!" The cursed spell left her lips, her righteous anger enough to fuel the malicious intent of the spell, for at least a brief moment anyway. Cayden was not vengeful, but she would not let Bryn's death go in vain.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

PostSubject: Raven   Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:03 am

The moment the crucio stops, Raven punches him in a hard uppercut.  She may be a Death Eater, but physical combat has proven extremely useful in the past.  It catches other wizards off guard, that's for sure.  However, Crest is already used to this, and can evenly match her in both magic and combat.  "Did you think I would actually let you take me, Strayer? You should know me by now, since you neglect your pet to stalk me..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:47 am

Crouch laughed as he saw Brynn struggle with the mental invasion. He didn't know who the culprit behind this attack was, but he approved of his methods.

And then, a temptation started to rise. Here was Bryn, the ying to his yang, practically gift wrapped to be killed, a lamb to the slaughter. Struggling with whatever trickery took hold of him, it would be so simple to just snuff out his life right now as easily as one would blow out a candle. 

But... something held him back. It wasn't hesitation, it wasn't respect, it certainly wasn't mercy. So what was it? 

It would be rude to interrupt this unknown assailant. As much as he longed to be the one to end him, he mustn't be inpredentent. Besides, he was curious to see where this would go.

He kept glancing at his foe periodically as he returned his attentions to Cayden and continued the horrid play he showed her...

---

Cayden's curse may as well have passed a ghost. Going right through Crouch, the cruciatus hit Topher and made him fall to the ground in furious convulsions of agony. The only thing louder than Topher's cries of pain were the bellows of Crouch's laughter. "Oh quite the lungs on that one! Let us see how long it takes for them to give out shall we?" 

Try and she may, and try as she might, she wasn't going to be stopping her curse...

---

"Whoa!" Topher barely managed to sidestep the crucio that Cayden had just shot at him. This was terrible. Bryn and Cayden were both quickly becoming their own worst enemies, Crest was too busy with Raven to help them both. 

He knew this had a big chance of getting him killed, but that never stopped him before. He had to save his buddies and if going to the front lines was the only way, that's just where the cards fell. 

He knew Crouch would demolish him, but maybe he can stop this new guy and at least get Bryn back. 

"Hey asshole!" He called into the trees, "Come and get the first real fight you've had in years!" Even he believed his own bravado now. Part of being a good poker player was being able to bluff well after all. His eyes kept scanning both area, trying to find something, some source of luck he could zero in on. All people naturally had it after all.

---

Crest wiped the blood from his mouth, even spitting out a lost tooth. "You talk much, and say little. I've had enough of you. Glacius!" A blue ball of light shot from his wand toward Raven's feet. Even if she had to be encased in ice when he delivered her to Azkaban, he was prepared to do whatever was necessary.

PostSubject: Rook   Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Admittedly, he was bored.

He thought Bryn would've fought him more than he did; the boy clearly did not have that much experience with one who mastered the subtler parts of mental manipulation. He didn't blame him. After all, he'd probably only battled Crouch, someone who fight in the opposite manner to himself.

He released Bryn's mind, leaving an insidious whisper in his wake. Pathetic.

But on the boy's goading...
No - He wasn't a reckless gryffindor. And besides, he hadn't seemed to have done anything so far, his threat was likely to be minimal. He did not respond verbally, casting his mind curse unto Topher now.

No advantage you have can stop me reading you like a book. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meredia

PostSubject: Bryn and Cayden   Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:21 am

Cayden watched as her curse tortured Topher, unable to move her fingers, completely paralysed to the spot. But, something seemed off...

Why hadnt the curse hit Crouch?

It was then she could see it, the slight shimmer in the trees that indicated that this was not reality - this was a mental curse he had placed upon her. What happens in the dream may affect real life, so she simply had to carry on with the curse because Crouch gave her no other choice. However, she would not raise her wand again should she injure Bryn or Topher.

--
He was.. Pathetic?

Bryn shook the doubt off, knees spasmimg beneath him as he raised his wand once more. No, he would not yield, not surrender to someone with the cowardice to not show their face. Bryn knew he was better, stronger than that.

He shot a stupefy in Crouch's direction, aiming to interrupt the hold he had on Cayden. His mind still reeled with pain.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

PostSubject: Raven   Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:58 am

She sidesteps the ice spell, then shoots fire from her wand at Crest, a passion to beating him about her.  "That was some crucio you cast upon me... I could really feel your hate in it."  I need to ignite that spark in him again.  If he gets angry he's more likely to make a mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 pm

"Yeah maybe..." Topher told the air as he heard the voice in his head. Unnerving though it was, he didn't panic. He couldn't afford to. He did this to get Bryn back into the fight like he did for him. "But maybe you reading me has nothing to do with it. Maybe I just got to get lucky..." 

He raised his wand toward the tree tops and fired stunning spells wildly as he spun in a circles. The only thing that kept this from being a blind move of futility was him concentrating on the tip of his wand. He'd never tried self applying good luck before, he didn't even know if he could do it. But nothing else sprang to mind for ideas. 

And his life surely had been a testament to sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart.

---

Crouch sent Bryns spell back to him, "now Brynny, quietly wait your turn..." He chided as though he were speaking to a petulant child.

And maybe it was Crouchs mind, but Bryn was shaken. He was scared. His calm demeanor had finally been crippled. 

It made him wonder...

He pointed his wand at the boy to send him into Caydens illusion now.

It made him wonder... What would they both do, if both saw the other as Crouch?

Dance puppets, dance...

---

"Figured it out did you?" Crouch approached her with a cruel smile, "oh pity that. I was just reading up on you and Descole. It'd be funny if it weren't so sad. But I was always a sucker for tragedy..." 

He waved his wand, seemingly freeing her from the illusion...

In truth, it was just deeper into it. 

With Bryn standing in as Crouch to her.

---

Crest didn't respond as he deflected her fire, taking slow, nearly robotic steps with their precise and deliberation. This had to end in his victory, he could feel it in the cold depths of his soul. 

"Petrificus totalus."

PostSubject: Rook   Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 am

A smirk Lit up his features, watching the stuns leave the boy's wand at a fascinating speed. Of course, being so invaded into Topher's mind, he could have predicted the boy had no means of sniffing him out.

But he hasn't expected such a near miss, a stun flying past his ears as he lithely dropped to the floor but remained concealed. He would not reveal himself, not now.

How's your wife? Do you even know if she's alive? He goaded, delving deeper into his head. Maybe he'd find something helpful...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meredia

PostSubject: Bryn and Cayden   Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:39 am

"Bryn- Bryn it's me, Cayden." The voice escaping Crouch's lips said as he gasped, a ragged cry that threatened to tear at his voice box.

"Trust me, look around us carefully. There's inconsistencies everywhere if you look hard enough." She insisted, still adopting Crouch's features as she tried to reassure him. Bryn blinked slowly, acknowledging the information and coming to a decision. 

"So how do we get out?" he had nothing to lose but trust the Cayden was trapped in this illusion with him, feeling his breathing become even again, a sense of calmness restoring itself to its system.

"Nice try Crouch, but I am no fool." he muttered, composing himself.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

PostSubject: Raven   Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:19 am

Raven deflects it, throwing more spells and going to kick him. "Can't you get thrown into Azkaban for using those curses, even if it was to attempt to stop a Death Eater like me?"  She smirks.  "Your soul is getting darker, Crest."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:41 am

"Y..Yeah! She's totally alive! We talked a few days ago!" Another bluff, but this one wasn't nearly as convincing. His rapid firing didn't seem to get him any further either. Perhaps casting good luck on himself wasn't possible after all. 

"Come out and fight like a man ya damn coward! Your folks raise you to be a bitch?!" He trashed talked to the air as he got ready for whatever his goading might lead to. He kept watching his back turning constantly to keep a three-sixty degree of vision.

---

'Why that ancient worthless know-it-all...' Crouch thought angrily to himself. So long as she was there, Bryn would have someone to rely on. Without her though...

He brought himself into the illusion with the appearance of Cayden. Not a single detail, down to the pitch of her voice, was wrong. "Don't be fooled Bryn." He pointed to Cayden, "She's Crouch trying to lure you into the illusion. Stay focussed." he commanded as he sent a stunning spell at Cayden. Crouch had always been a good actor, maybe in another life he could've been a star on stage. 

But his use of acting was a bit more nefarious. And it would rock the world to it's core soon...

---

"I am immune to the dark." Crest told her confidently as he caught her foot and pulled her close to him to keep her in a restraining hold.

PostSubject: Rook   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:53 am

"You'd shit your pants if you knew who bred me." He stated rather flatly, a smirk lighting his features even as a stunning spell barely slipped passed his face. Man, this kid was getting lucky with his shots, but for now he wasn't getting lucky enough.

Rook heard the falter in his tone, deciding to attack it with no remorse. "You shouldn't tell lies, they might get you hurt." He stifled the pang of outrage that nestled in his body, knowing whatever happened, the brown haired boy could not show himself - especially not now.

"But you're not the one i'm here for." He declared, as if he were conceding defeat. Rook wanted Donia, and then he'd wanted Brynmor Desouza. He'd wanted to watch the man crumble - which he had - but at his hand, his doing. There was something addictive about watching someone so infallible deteriorate and crumble in front of your very eyes. 

"So you can leave me be, or you can get hurt." His intervention had been enough; maybe he would leave them to it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Cayden parried the spell, flicking her wand in a swift motion, as if the spell was effortless to block. Clearly it wasn't, but she was trying to get the message to Bryn that her movements made her the real Cayden. She needed Bryn to stay calm, to just trust her and-

"Shut up!"
Bryn shouted, hearing words filter into his consciousness from the outside. His other assailant was still here, and the voice had heavily implied that he was in imminent danger. A surge of panic fluttered in his chest, breathing ragged as he tried to compose himself yet again.

"I don't care which one of you is real!" He shot a stun at the one who had spoken last, hoping he was correct in the assumption that one of them was the real Cayden, and they weren't both fake.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

PostSubject: Raven   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:32 pm

At Crest's words, Raven starts to laugh as though she heard an amusing joke.  "Are you blind or are you just stupid?!"  She resists his hold, trying to get out of it.  "You're one killing curse away to being exactly like me!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Topher did nothing, but raise his left arm and give an obscene gesture, "You ain't gettin' my friends! So you can shove that up your ass now."

"You ain't anything special." Topher bravely shouted to him, "Just some bastard with bastard parents who thinks he's better than everyone. You're dime a dozen!"

He knew he had to get lucky with at least one of his shots! It was the only defense Bryn at right now as he was fighting Crouch, and it seemed like even this was getting to him. 

---

Crouch stepped back, nimbly avoiding the spell. If his rage could generate heat, it would ignite the entire forest with their continued resistance. 

... Perhaps he would do exactly that.

Fed up with the charade, he cast off the illusion and decided to allow the dark arts to move him rather than him using them. 

"Brynny boy. I just want you to know you've sealed the fate of everyone you love. I'll start with Teddy. You know what I'm going to do with him? Torture him for a while, until it gets boring, and then I'm going to use his bones as a coat rack! I'll send you anything I don't use..." Though he spoke civilly it was clear Crouch was cracking and just was one small push away from psychotically lashing out. It was like his brain was not controlling his actions anymore, as though his very anger had usurped command of himself. 

He turned to Cayden now, "As for you... you are not entertaining anymore. AVADA KEDAVRA!!! AVADA KEDAVRA!!! AVADA KEDAVRA!!!!"

---

Crest kept up his hold, not reacting to her as he placed his wand on her forehead, "Petrificus Totalus!"

PostSubject: Rook   Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Rook's laughter was loud, full of amusement as he watched the boy flip him the bird. The boy's confidence was... endearing, to say the least. He had no ill will against Topher yet, so he let it lie.

"You don't know the half of it buddy, peace out." He jumped down from his hiding spot, blowing the boy a kiss before he left. He allowed Topher to see his features; mousy brown hair and a boyish smile he had once used to charm the many. Not now though - he was just teasing.

He was oddly jovial in his movements, before declaring. "My mark already left, anyway." and disapparating to find her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meredia

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:04 pm

"You underestimate them." He murmured, laughing to himself. "They will fight you - no - we will fight you. We will be stronger because we know more love and faith than youll ever be near. Our unity.. Will destroy you." He hypothesised, feeling free from the presence of eyes watching him. 

Freed again, he shot a series of spells at Crouch, aiming to completely paralyse him for the time being.

Cayden saw the flash of green light, quietly cursing as she dived out the way, having no time to compose herself. She needed to stop this fight, and get them out fast.

"Bryn's right, you have nothing." She spoke quietly, as if she hadnt almost been murdered.
Back to top Go down
RavenHaven

PostSubject: Raven   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Before he can finish the spell, Raven throws her head back to hit Crest hard in the nose and temporarily distract him, along with stomp on his foot with her heel.  "You enjoyed that taste of darkness, didn't you? But your code prevents you from thinking so..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrouchJunior

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:38 pm

"No wait!" Topher cursed himself, "Dammit..." Wasn't bad enough that Crouch was after her, now this creep as well. 

At least he saw him though. It was more than Bryn or Cayden could say, so they at least had a lead. This experience wasn't wasted... entirely. 

But all that didn't do them any good if they were dead.  He regrouped with his fellows, "We gotta split. Now..." He urged them.

---

And that was it.

"I have nothing?" He whispered as he sent their spells back at them. "Maybe you're right. But you know who you should fear most? A man with nothing. For he has nothing to lose..."

The darkness in his soul overtook him again as he shrieked, "THIS IS THE POWER OF A FALLEN MAN!!!" A gigantic cone of flames encircled Crouch, and then with all his hatred powering the fiendfyre, it exploded outward like a missile strike. Trees ignited, the grass became a carpet of flames and at the epicenter, Crouch stood glaring at them as he watched fore the blast radius to consume them.

He saw now his earlier evaluation was wrong. The dark arts had not weakened. His resolve had. And who could blame him? He'd lost his reason for existing. And this fight with so many hated foes reawakened the creature of darkness in him. He was ready once again to complete his master's mission. Through the fires of his attack, he'd risen like a phoenix... 

A phoenix born of hell fire...

---

Crest backed up, releasing his grip inadvertently but then he saw the explosion near his allies. Forgetting Raven, he ran to them to see if they needed his help. The entire forest was starting to burn out of control. The safety of his friends now took precedent. 

He'd have another chance to track down Raven. Maybe he'd get lucky and the inferno would claim Raven...

PostSubject: Bryn and Cayden   Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:05 pm

"Aquamenti!" Cayden put all her force behind it, watching as the whole reserve began to incinerate under Crouch's fury. She reached for Bryn's hand, hoping her spell gave them enough time to apparate away.

"You only leave destruction, even to the ones you loved." He muttered, meeting Crouch's rage-filled gaze with an almost sneering one of his own, hiding behind Cayden's aqua wall and apparating with her. Time was of the essence, and they did not have the ability to round both Topher and Crest with them before they disappeared.

"Please get out of here alive." He begged the remaining pair, a pang of guilt at being unable to reconvene with them before they'd all be consumed by flames.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epping Forest, London   

Back to top Go down

Epping Forest, London
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next